Celery Root Nutrition Facts
Don't get repelled by its external appearance as the true nutrition of celery root lies inside its white or cream colored flesh. The calorie content in a cup of cooked celery root (about 120 g) is approximately 42 kJ. The nutritional value of the celery root is given in the following table. This calculation is based on a single serving of celery root.
|Dietary fiber||2.0 g|
|Total fat||0.3 g|
|Saturated fat||0.1 g|
|Monounsaturated fat||0.2 g|
|Polyunsaturated fat||0.1 g|
Benefits of Including Celery Root in the Diet
Loaded with a number of nutrients, celery root is a popular inclusion in many recipes, not only for flavor but also a zing in the nutritional value. Celery root is an integral part of the French cuisine and can be found in appetizers, casseroles and gratins. You can reap a number of health benefits if celery root finds a way into your diet. Raw, grated celery root is used in salads, along with other raw vegetables. Celery is a rich source of a number of essential nutrients like iron, magnesium, folate, potassium, phosphorus, manganese, vitamins C and K etc. These nutrients are responsible for the healthy functioning, along with the growth and development of the body. Mentioned below are some of the health benefits of celery root which can be garnered with the routine use of celery root in the diet, either raw or cooked.
- Revitalizes and enhances memory.
- Boosts the working of the nerve cells.
- Relieves migraine and its symptoms.
- Lowers blood cholesterol and prevents the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases.
- Promotes healthy functioning of the lymphatic, nervous and urinary system.
- Triggers the production of red blood cells, increasing hemoglobin and fighting against anemia.
- Improves blood circulation.
- Aids in healthy weight loss.
- Reduces the risk of stroke and heart attacks.
- Replenishes the cells in the body by regulating water and fluid.