Raw carrot can be easily digested by the body. However, carrot juice is easier and faster to consume.Carrot is a root vegetable, which originated in Asia. Carrots are also known as herbal healers because of their preventive and therapeutic benefits. Carrot is rich in many nutrients. Let us look at which nutrients are in abundance in carrot and which are in traces.
Nutrients in Carrot
|Rich in||Good Quantity|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
|Vitamin K||Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid)|
|Vitamin B9 (Folate)|
Apart from the above nutrients it has traces of vitamin B1, D, E, calcium, phosphorus, carbohydrates and proteins.
⇒ It contains carotenoids, which help protect the heart. Regular consumption reduces the possibility of a heart attack.
⇒ Carotenoids in carrots, contribute to blood sugar regulation.
⇒ There is lot of research going on about the association between carrot juice and cancer. Carrots contain a phytonutrient called falcarinol. This nutrient helps in protection against colon cancer.
⇒ Beta-carotene in carrot juice is good for vision, and is especially contributory to the improvement of night vision.
⇒ Many smoking-related problems can be prevented, by beta-carotene present in carrot juice.
⇒ It is good for nursing mothers, as it helps to improve the quality of breast milk.
⇒ By drinking carrot juice, hair, skin and nails start looking better.
⇒ It contains essential oils, which help in proper digestion, and thus helping in the prevention of acne.
⇒ Drink carrot juice in summers. The nutrients in it will protect your skin against tanning. It also helps the skin to heal any damage caused by the sun.
⇒ Antioxidants in carrot juice, slow down the process of aging. Antioxidants also protect against many other skin disorders.
⇒ Antioxidants in carrot juice, protects the body, by scavenging on free radicals, which are responsible for many respiratory problems.
⇒ You can also apply carrot juice directly on your skin to reduce blemishes.
⇒ Daily intake of carrot juice helps in long term cough relief.
⇒ It lowers the cholesterol and blood pressure levels of the body.
⇒ Consuming carrot juice daily, will increase the body's immunity.
⇒ Carrot juice has good amount of iron, which helps reduce the severity of anemia symptoms.
⇒ In patients of amenorrhea, carrot juice helps in increasing menstrual flow.
Making Carrot Juice
- Before making the juice, always wash the carrots thoroughly and scrub them with a brush.
- If the carrots are old, or not organic, peel their outer layer and then blend them to make carrot juice.
- You can also mix this juice with juices of other fruits like oranges, bananas, blueberries, etc. to improve the taste and nutritional value of the juice.
- If you want to ensure that you get the maximum health benefits, then drink fresh juice, and avoid bottled juice, since they contain preservatives, and have less nutritional value.
- Also, avoid adding sugar or ice to the juice. As sugar will add unnecessary calories to it. Instead you can add ginger for flavor.
As this juice is high in natural sugars, people who are diabetics, should consult their doctor, before they start having it everyday.