The plant grows largely in the Amazonian region bearing fruits and flowers, of which the fruits are edible. You can eat the fruits raw or make juice from the pulp. The fruit has a high medicinal value owing to the nutritional content. It's rich in cofactors, antioxidants, antiseptic, antiviral, emollient, and analgesic properties. The essential constituents like vitamins and minerals make the fruit vital for health.
- The soft pulp of the fruit is edible, and it is industrially processed to make powder.
- Pure organic powder can be obtained from any ayurvedic store and is taken in after diluting with water.
- The dosage of the powder is determined by doctors that should not be exceeded.
- One teaspoon of the powder is mixed with one glass of warm water, which should be consumed once daily.
- This is the recommended dose of the powder.
- The capsules and tablets are also manufactured by pharmaceutical companies, and they can be purchased from drug houses.
- One or two grams of the capsules is suggested to people suffering from vitamin C deficiency.
- The juice is squeezed from the fresh pulp and is considered to be the healthiest. Drinking one cup of fruit juice twice or thrice is safe.
- Side effects are evident when you consume the power/pills/capsules or the juice more than the required dosage.
- Excessive vitamin C might leads to severe indigestion that can further cause diarrhea.
- The fruit enhances production of serotonin. Excessive serotonin can cause reverse effects, and the consequences would be lack of sleep, low appetite, vomiting, and nausea.
- A rapid rise in metabolic and heart activity might also result from excessive consumption.
- One of the possible side effects of the presence of too much vitamin C inside the body is iron poisoning caused by over absorption of iron. Thus, we can see that anything in excess is bound to show some negative effects.
- The juice is beneficial for people suffering from obesity or overweight problems, as vitamin C reduces fats present inside body.
- The benefits are associated with anti inflammation, and thus, it is effectively used to treat atherosclerosis, joint pain, gingivitis, muscle sores, joint pain, etc.
- The juice also acts as anti depressant and relieves one from stress and aggressive emotions.
- It's also used as a preventive measure for the hepatitis and herpes.
- The berry, when consumed fresh, aids in proper improving the complexion and skin health. It's a great herbal remedy for pimples, acne, and scars, as it nourishes the body internally.
- People suffering from heart diseases and blocked artery problems are administered the juice, since it is capable of reducing blockage in arteries. Your body's metabolic functions will also be carried out properly, since the fruit contains cofactors like beta carotene and niacin.
Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.