When we speak of the term 'calorie' in some kind of food, we are referring to the amount of energy the body can get from drinking or eating that food. Their calorie count is 15 for the serving size of ½ cup.
Note:The values are based on a serving size of ½ cup (74.5 g), and the percentage values on a 2000 calorie diet.
|Sodium||5 mg (0%)|
|Total carbohydrate||3.0 g (1%)|
|Dietary fiber||1.0 g (4%)|
|Vitamin A||500 IU (10%)|
|Vitamin C||15 mg (25%)|
- Grape tomatoes are not only popular for their sweetness, but also for their quality to improve the skin texture and tone, thereby slowing down the signs of aging.
- It is believed that regularly consuming them might help in treating and preventing gallstones.
- Tomatoes not only act as natural blood purifiers, they possess antiseptic qualities.
- They help in preventing anemia.
- They are a rich source of antioxidants, and can help reduce the risk of damage caused by free radicals.
- The fruits are also known to improve colon's health.
- People who include tomatoes in their diet are less likely to suffer from high cholesterol levels.
- Drinking their juice helps in reducing inflammation and might prove beneficial for people affected by diabetes and migraines.