Apple Juice Calories and Nutritional Facts
Apple juice is as nutritious as the raw apple, but to some extent, the nutritional value of the apple differs according to its form. If you are drinking the canned apple juice which is available in the market then you may not get that much nutrition as compared to the fresh apple juice. This is because the juice which is available in the market has preservatives which help store them for a long time. This may decrease the nutrition as well as the content of calories. Hence, if you want to get maximum nutrition, it's better you make apple juice at home and avoid the preservative.
As the nutritional value of the fresh apple juice is high, its calories will also be higher than the other stored juices. According to the United States Department of Agriculture or USDA, 100ml of fresh apple juice contains 49 calories. You can compare this value with the other stored apple juice calorie count available in the market with the help of the table given below.
|Apple juices||Calories (in 100 ml apple juice)|
|Natural apple juice||40|
Apart from calories in apple juice, other nutritional facts also makes it one of the best fruits. Following table will give you an idea of the nutrition available in 100 ml of apple juice.
|Nutrients||Amount (in 100 ml apple juice)|
The nutritional values of apple reflect its health benefits. Following are some of the benefits of drinking apple juice.
- It contains vitamin A which helps in improving the eyesight.
- This fruit behaves as a good antioxidant as it contains a good amount of vitamin C.
- It restricts the build up of cholesterol or plaque in the arteries, which helps the body with a proper blood flow.
- It is rich in potassium hence, is very beneficial for the people who have arthritis.
- As it restricts the build up of cholesterol, it is also very beneficial for the people who are obese.
- Its antioxidants help in the prevention of diseases like cancer.
- They also reduce the risk of liver and kidney disease.
- As it contain lots of water, it also prevents dehydration.
- It also helps in digestion.