Scalp Folliculitis Treatment: A Brief Introduction
The common signs of formation of folliculitis is appearance of small yellow colored pustules/bumps on the scalp skin surface. In severe cases these pustules are filled with pus and thus cause itching of the scalp. Oily scalp is comparatively much susceptible to scalp folliculitis than a normal one. Scalp folliculitis generally cures on its own with time, by following proper hair care regimen, that includes use of a good antibacterial or anti-dandruff shampoo. Other ways to cure this condition is the use of antibiotics, medications, hair creams, lotions, etc. There are innumerable shampoos in the market that advertise giving best results. So choosing the right shampoo for treatment is a difficult task. As was said earlier, either anti-dandruff shampoos or antibacterial or antifungal shampoos can be used for healing scalp folliculitis up to a certain extent. Also, there is no single best shampoo for the treatment of this condition; there are many effective products in the market.
Best Hair Products for Treatment
For treating scalp folliculitis, you should look for a shampoo that has selinium sulfide, zinc pyrithione, or salicylic acid as one of the chief ingredients. Antifungal shampoos containing ketoconazole or ciclopirox are also helpful to some extent. Presented below is the list of the best hair products for treating scalp folliculitis. The prices for these shampoos vary as per region and your mode of buying.
- Clear Poreformance Antibacterial shampoo is an effective choice for scalp treatment, especially treating scalp folliculitis.
- Selsun Blue Dandruff Shampoo, Moisturizing Treatment shampoo has selinium sulfide as its chief ingredient, and is very effective in treating this hair condition.
- Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength Dandruff Shampoo is a very good product for a clear scalp. It can be used by people troubled by scalp folliculitis.
- Watson Pharma Selenium Sulfide Anti Dandruff Shampoo is helpful in treating scalp problems like itching and flakiness of skin along with treating dandruff, and is moderately priced.
- Pantene Pro-V Anti-Dandruff Shampoo & Conditioner is also helpful in treating this condition up to some extent.
- Walgreens Menthol Medicated Dandruff Shampoo is another proven product to mitigate scalp folliculitis.
- Alberto VO5 2 in 1 Moisturizing Shampoo comes with a conditioner and is another effective product for scalp folliculitis.
- Selsun Blue Salon Pyrithione Zinc 2-in-1 Dandruff Shampoo contains zinc pyrithione as one of the ingredients and is very effective.