Working out in the morning is the most effective, because it helps to set the body's natural alarm system in place. To get up early, one needs to sleep well in time, which means one needs to eat a light and early dinner. Once the body gets used to this rhythm, it will relax and de-stress the mind with the adequate sleep one can get. This is one aspect of morning exercise that scores heavily above all others. The merits of regular early morning workout are vast; from promoting wellness to preventing various diseases, and rejuvenating the mind and soul. The benefits are many, and they benefit people irrespective of their age and sex. Some of them have been listed below.
Top 5 Benefits
1. One of the primary benefits is setting of the circadian rhythm. Circadian rhythm is a 24 hour cycle of mental, physical, and behavioral changes, that respond with respect to light and darkness in an organism's environment. Once this circadian rhythm gets set, our body's internal clock signals waking and sleeping time. This rhythm helps to relax the body, and keeps the heartbeat function smooth.
2. The physical activities that our body perform puts stress on out back, and other joints of the body. Although, exercise alone cannot prevent or heal osteoarthritis or osteoporosis, regular moderate, weight bearing workouts lower the risk of both the low bone density conditions. As a beginner, one can try walking, jogging, and swimming.
3. Research indicates exercises such as walking, brisk walking, swimming, running, and jogging helps to increase the levels of good cholesterol. A good cholesterol level plays a vital role in reducing high blood pressure (hypertension), lowering the risk of a stroke and other coronary diseases, and regulating the levels of blood sugar, thereby reducing the risk of developing type 2 diabetes. It is a medically proven fact that inactive people double the risk of heart diseases as compared to those who are physically active.
4. Obesity and weight management is another benefit of early morning exercise. Fat is nothing but excess calorie that gets stored in our bodies. Exercise helps burn these calories, reducing the amount of fat stored in our body. One can not only workout the whole body, but specific exercises help target and strengthen specific muscle groups. Obesity can also be managed with a combination of a healthy diet and regular exercise. If your body mass index (BMI) is 30 or over, then you immediately need to get on a diet and workout program. Obesity doubles the risk of stroke, heart disease, and type 2 diabetes.
5. A happy body is a relaxed mind. When we exercise in the morning, our lungs are pumped with clean air and oxygen. More oxygen in our blood stimulates various brain chemicals that help to improve mental alertness, refreshes the mind and body, increases our physical fitness levels, and act as the basic 'feel good' factor. Inactive people are more prone to suffer from clinical depression and low self-esteem.
- Improves and elevates your mood.
- Ensures better quality of sleep.
- Improves appetite for healthy foods and snacks.
- Strengthens and tones the body.
- Improves endurance and lowers susceptibility to injury.
- Boosts the immune system and increases longevity.