- Sweet Potatoes (peeled), 2
- Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon, plus extra for seasoning
- Ground Black Pepper, ½ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and place parchment paper on the baking sheet.
- Cut sweet potatoes into spears and soak in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the spears and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Place the spears on the paper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Spread salt and black pepper combined on the spears.
- Toss the spears properly and place the pan in the oven.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes and then toss it around to bake again for 10 minutes, until it tuns lightly brown.
- Once the fries are done, sprinkle a bit more salt (if you want) on the fries and serve hot.
- Ground Cumin, ½ teaspoon
- Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Ground Red Pepper, ¼ teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil, 1 tablespoon
- Sweet Potatoes, 2
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into spears to make this sweet potato recipe.
- In a bowl mix ground cumin, salt, and red pepper powder together and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potato spears with oil and the cumin, salt, and pepper mixture.
- Toss the potatoes to evenly coat the mixture.
- On a baking sheet, line the potato spears in a single line and bake the spears on both the sides evenly, till the edges are crisp.
- If required, you can sprinkle the mixture of herbs again on the spears and serve hot.
- Sweet Potatoes (peeled and cut into ½ inch wide strips), 1½ pounds
- Olive Oil, ¼ cup
- Kosher Salt, ½ teaspoon
- Dried Italian Herb Seasoning, ½ teaspoon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with aluminum foil coated with cooking spray.
- In a plastic bag, combine the sweet potato strips, olive oil, kosher salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Close the bag and shake until the fries are evenly coated with the seasoning mixture.
- Spread the strips onto the baking sheet in a single layer and pour the olive oil, salt, and seasoning mixture over the strips.
- Place the sheet in the oven and bake for half an hour, but ensure you do turn the strips every 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with sauce or dip of your choice.