2. Is animal testing fair?
3. Are teen beauty pageants justified?
4. Is the ban on smoking in public places undemocratic?
5. Should euthanasia be legalized?
6. Is the taboo on recreational drugs justified?
7. Is it right for governments to ban the burkha or other religious gear?
8. Should same-sex marriages be legalized?
9. Can restorative justice work?
10. Should there be tougher punishments for crimes against the environment?
11. Discuss the pros and cons of gun control legislation.
12. Are social networking platforms being abused?
13. Should reality television be banned?
14. Do celebrities make a mockery of the right to privacy?
15. Should the legal drinking age be brought down to 18?
16. Should sex education classes be conducted for preteens?
17. Should mobile phones be banned in schools?
18. Can we form an international judicial system to conduct trials on terrorists?
19. Should DUI offenders undergo more stringent punishments?
20. Pro-choice versus Pro-life.
21. Does our legal system exploit the minorities?
22. Are open borders possible in the foreseeable future?
23. Would the world be more peaceful without religions?
24. Are technological advancements stunting average human faculties?
25. Should the education system be uniform, the world over?
- Ignite a debate
- Take a stance
- Use reason to justify that stance
- Acknowledge the other view
- Reinstate the stance
- Every opinion mentioned in your essay should be backed up and justified using facts.
- Do not limit your research to the sources that buoy your stand. Explore the other view as well.
- Briefly cite the opposite view, which will lend a sense of balance to your essay.
- Do not cross the fine line that separates reasoning from ranting.
- Whatever extent you may be tempted to, refrain from fictionalizing. Stick to the facts.
- Do not succumb to branching theories and drift away from the topic of discussion.
- Stand firm on your stance. Do not waver for the sake of politeness.
- "Communicate" your ideas, do not impose them by means of exaggeration.
- Following formats may not be compulsory, but they lend a logical flow to your essay.
Make the most of your creative writing skills by drafting an argumentative essay. In this process, you will be able to hone your logical thinking and analytical skills, which are sure to come in handy in all walks of life.