Did You Know?
With every single cigarette that you smoke, you lose an estimated eleven minutes of your life!
Slogans make the use of normal words and phrases that are woven in interesting ways to make catchy sentences that bear a message. These messages can be simple and may be aimed at attracting consumers toward goods. The messages could also be of a serious nature that might be concerned with the environment, or some disease. We all know that smoking kills. Smoking destroys both your health and looks. It is one of the main causes of cardiovascular diseases, respiratory disorders, and it can eventually result in various types of cancer.
Studies show that smokers are more likely to have a heart attack (chances are almost double!) than people who have never smoked. Anti-smoking slogans help emphasize the importance of health. Catchy slogans make people aware of the need to quit smoking due to its life-threatening effects on health. Smoking is harmful for not just the smoker, but also for those around, who are known as victims of passive smoking. In the United States itself, 23.5% men and 18.1% women smoke. While that's almost half the population, the other half is up against smoking. From anti-smoking campaigns to slogans, these people are taking every measure possible to make the world tobacco-free.
Catchy Slogans for Anti-smoking Campaigns
From health hazards to the effects of smoking on the environment, slogans that convey the message "quit/avoid smoking", take care of every aspect of the habit. Some even target the financial aspect, as cigarettes do not come cheap. For example: in countries, like Singapore, smoking can make a hole in one's lungs as well the pocket. In order to drive the message home, some organizations use celebrity endorsements. These slogans are often accompanied with images that increase their effectiveness. Some interesting anti-smoke slogans are listed below.
- Smoking? You must be joking ...
- If you can't stop smoking, cancer will.
- There are cooler ways to die than smoking.
- Smokers don't get to smoke, they have to smoke.
- Everyone has a right to clean air.
- Breathe healthily, live happily.
- Smoking is like paying someone to kill you. They're rich; you're dead.
- Your freedom ends where my nose begins.
- Trash the ash.
- Cancer cures smoking.
- Smoke away your worries, not your lungs.
- Arsenic kills if you swallow it. Tobacco kills if you smoke it.
- If God had wanted us to smoke, he would have given us a separate hole for it.
- Live it, or burn it!
Funny Slogans for Anti-smoking Posters
Here are some funny anti-smoking slogans that can drive the message home and at the same time amuse you. The more funny it is, the more people will keep the message in mind and act on it.
- You take my breath away.
- Smoking is very glamorous, if you like deep wrinkles.
- You smoke, you die early, you save the government money.
Slogans Aimed at Tobacco Companies
Some slogans are also created to comment on the cigarette making companies, so that people realize that they are spending their hard-earned money on these companies as well as spoiling their own health.
- Is smoking good for business? Not if you want long-term customers.
- Winston Tastes Good, Like a Carcinogen Should.
- Cough twice for Philip Morris.
- The "Marlboro Man" died of lung cancer.
There is a huge list of slogans out there, be it to protect the environment from pollution, or to quit smoking. These slogans can help create awareness about the dangers of smoking. The popularity of slogans stems from the fact that they are catchy and convey messages effectively by using simple language. The slogans on the posters that are displayed in an anti-smoking campaign leave a lasting impression on our mind. Just as other measures, like using laws to ban smoking, anti-smoking slogans are being increasingly used to persuade smokers to quit, and prevent others from picking up the habit.