Anger is that state of mind, in which, there is mild irritation to intense rage. It can be a result of many different factors. It is very obvious that the reason of anger is not understood by the person experiencing the emotion. The reasons can vary from a clash or fight with friends or some heated argument with the boss. Once, you realize that you are getting angry very often, the very first step you must do is to recognize the cause of your anger. Then, find a way to control your emotions, when you are angry. Sometimes, anger is very genuine, however, remember that it has all the bad effects on yourself and the other person on whom you are angry, does not get affected in any way. Let us try to reduce the intensity of your anger with the help of some exercises.
Anger Control Techniques
Anger Control Techniques
- Meditating every day for at least 10 minutes, can help you in the long run in controlling your rage. Regular pranayama exercises can help you maintain your mental as well as physical health. Pranayama has many health benefits other than mental stability.
- Breathing exercises can help a lot to relax and it helps in calming your nerves to control anger. Deep breathing is one of the best exercises, which can help. For performing this exercise, close your eyes and take a deep breath. While inhaling, count numbers from 1 to 10. In addition, you must try to control the anger within yourself. After counting up to 10, slowly open your eyes and try to relax.
- Having a bath can help you to reduce the anger and the effect is immediate.
- When you feel that you are very angry, drink a glass of water. Drinking water is one of the well-known tips to control anger.
- When you are angry, try to think of things that will distract you from the anger and the irritating feelings. For example, you can think of some funny or cherished moment in your life.
- Anger can be controlled by going on a long drive to a peaceful and quiet place. Try to relax and meditate there.
- Friends are the saviors, friends can easily make you forget the anger. Try to be with friends and forget all worries and irritation and just enjoy.
- Listen to your favorite music which can be effective in making you less angry. Otherwise, watch your favorite movie; a comedy movie can help a lot.
- It is very important to have realistic expectations from life as well as from other people. You must never forget that nobody in this world is perfect and there are some flaws in every human being. Therefore, try to make a realistic judgment every time.
- Lastly, something more important than just plainly performing these exercises is, that you must try to be happy in whatever you have got in life. Be satisfied and happiness will be yours and you will be successful in combating anger.