Aloe vera possesses therapeutic properties. The dietary supplements of this plant are available in the form of capsules, tablets, powders, and liquids. The juice and the extract of this plant are quite popular. They help improve the function of the digestive system, and also the quality of hair and skin.
- The supplement exhibits several antifungal, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties, which are helpful for healing the wounds, treating minor burns, and conditions like herpes, etc. It eliminates the chances of tooth decay and gum problems. It speeds up the process of healing of many skin injuries including ulcers, burns, hives, and reduces the effects of poison ivy, by working as a laxative.
- The consumption of the juice softens the skin and intestinal linings. Therefore, it minimizes the risk of psoriasis and eczema, which are mainly caused due to dryness of the skin. By improving the condition of the mucous membranes, the juice helps prevent constipation. It improves digestion and other processes.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it is recommended for those who suffer from joint pain, and inflammation of joints due to arthritis.
- It helps prevent hair fall and hair loss. It reduces hair breakage, acts as a hair conditioner, and promotes hair growth. It moisturizes the scalp and hair, and reduces the frizzy nature of the hair. It works well for dandruff removal.
- It boosts the metabolic rate and helps the body lose weight faster, when combined with exercise and a healthy diet.
- The most important use of the supplement is that it helps delay the aging process. It delays the onset of wrinkles, fine lines, stretch marks, pigmentation and dark spots, and promotes healthy aging.
- It prevents oily skin and oily scalp, and thus help get rid of skin conditions like acne.
- The supplement can help reduce acid reflux, thereby reducing the risk of ulcers.
- It works as a tonic for patients affected by arthritis, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- It improves the blood circulation and helps maintain heart health.
- Aloe vera gel, juice, extract or tablet provides protection from harmful ultraviolet rays or sun burns.
- The supplement is helpful for healthy detoxification of the body. It helps remove toxins, and is beneficial for cleansing.
- It provides various vitamins and minerals, and improves the overall health in several ways.
- All the medical properties help boost the immune system function, and thus helps boost the energy level.
Normally, the supplement does not cause any side effects. However, one must choose a reliable brand and follow the instructions on the label. Depending upon the overall health of the user, one may experience slight discomfort or interference in the normal functioning of the body. Those who are affected by intestinal problems, Crohn's disease, or certain other diseases, for which they need to take medicines regularly, should consult a doctor before taking the supplement. Menstruating women, pregnant women, nursing mothers, children, people affected by diarrhea or other diseases, etc., should refrain from using the dietary supplements made from aloe vera plant.
The supplements can prove to be beneficial, when the instructions regarding the dosage are followed properly. However, consulting a physician is necessary before opting for any dietary supplement.
Disclaimer: This Buzzle article is for informative purposes only, and should not be used as a replacement for expert medical advice.