Benefits of Aloe Vera
- It contains laxative properties and is widely used as a natural and fast-acting laxative.
- It is believed to aid in enhancing the immune system.
- It helps in reducing the symptoms of acid reflux disease.
- Peculiarly, people use aloe vera for weight loss. Although, the exact effect of it is unknown, it is still considered very effective.
- It is considered as the best natural juice meant for detoxification. It improves the function of colon and is useful for overall digestive health.
- Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that help treat inflammation, skin irritation, burns, wounds, etc.
- Excess consumption of aloe vera can lead to abdominal cramping, diarrhea, dehydration, and electrolyte imbalance.
- It helps in lowering the blood sugar level. This can be harmful in people suffering from low blood sugar.
- Sometimes, it can trigger off allergic reactions like skin rash and irritation.
- Pregnant and lactating women are strongly advised against the use of aloe vera juice as it leads to diarrhea.
- It has been found that aloe vera, when taken with other medications, can have severe side effects like those mentioned above.
- Although, it helps in colon cleanse and treatment of constipation, aloe vera is not recommended for diseases like irritable bowel syndrome, colitis, intestinal obstruction, diverticulitis, hemorrhoids, stomach ulcers.
Lastly, as a concluding note, one should note that as there are equal number of benefits and side effects associated with this herb, it is wise to use it only with doctor's advice and prescription. Take care!
Disclaimer: This article is meant only to provide information. It should not be used as a replacement for doctor's advice.