Aloe Vera for Acne Treatment
The inner sap or gel of the aloe vera leaf contains beneficial polysaccharides and anti-inflammatory agents, which together help in repairing damaged skin. Using it on a regular basis improves the skin texture and complexion. Applying pure sap aids in alleviating the unsightly skin conditions associated with acne, such as redness, swelling and inflammation.
- In case you have acne prone skin, consider applying this sap regularly. You will get relief from mild itching, pain and discomfort conditions caused due to acne infection.
- For direct use of aloe sap or pulp, take a fresh leaf and trim off the sides by using a clean kitchen knife. Gently remove the upper leaf layer including the yellowish green part, which is known as aloin. With the help of a spoon, take out the clear gel and apply it to the acne-affected skin in the face and other areas. For quick treatment at home, repeat the same tip at least 3 times daily.
- The pulp cleans the skin thoroughly and reduces further eruption of acne. Being a natural antibiotic, it fights against bacterial infection, which is commonly observed in severe acne outbreaks.
- In your daily skin care regimen, make sure you use a facial soap formulated with aloe vera. For dry skin, use it twice daily and for oily skin, wash face as per the directions of the dermatologist.
- Unlike other creams or lotions, aloe vera based acne skin care products are effective for reducing oil secretion by sebaceous glands. This, in turn, aids in minimizing the risk of future acne eruption.
- For eruption of acne or pimples in dry skin, using a moisturizer that contains aloe vera is the ultimate option for treating acne. Nevertheless, make sure that you purchase a superior quality product from a reliable brand.
- You can even use a facial mask that contains aloe vera, to treat your problem. All you need is application of the gel on your face before going to sleep, leave it like that during sleep and wash it off next morning.
- According to dermatologists, using aloe vera for acne scars is effective, but it may take an extended time for complete healing. Say for example, you will need to use aloe vera sap twice daily for 6 months continuously to get results.