The idea behind fencing a property with vinyl, arose from idea of using pipes made from PVC or Poly Vinyl Compound. Fences made out of this were not only good to look at, but were also durable. Today, vinyl gates are still installed and come in variety of designs like, single swing, rolling gate, vertical lift, or bi-parting.
Why Choose Vinyl Fencing
- Although vinyl is plastic, it has many advantages compared to wood. It's way more stronger than wood and is flexible in nature.
- Due to its flexibility, it is a good choice for windy, stormy areas, as they would be able to withstand such force. They expand when heated and absorb a lot of heat energy. This is probably the reason why they are not available in darker hues, though they can be embossed to look like wood.
- As they do not lose their color or reveal visible scratches, there is no need to apply primer or paint to the surface.
- Apart from ordinarily cleaning vinyl, there is nothing major that you need to do to keep it clean. They are flexible materials that you can pressure wash without any fear of the paint chipping or getting discolored over a long period of time.
- There is no fear of these fences rusting, rotting, or getting decomposed, like other materials. They are a long-lasting material compared to iron or wood. Since gates and fences are the much-exposed parts of a household property, they should be given proper attention.
- Vinyl fences are also non-toxic compared to other fencing materials, which are probably treated with harmful and hazardous chemicals.
- When buying vinyl gates or fences, compare their prices online to what you find in a local market and buy whichever suits your budget.
- In spite of vinyl fencing being more expensive than iron and wood, it is comparatively cheaper to maintain.
- Whether it is about privacy or for decorative purposes, this kind of fencing serves both needs effectively.