"Nails are the period at the end of the sentence. They complete the look."Creating eye-catching designs with nail polish can be tough. If you've never tried it on yourself before, chances are, the first time you put it on, the results won't be as you hoped for. On the other hand, consistency, patience, and with a little of time, you can rock any kind of design.
― Prabal Gurung
But, we're not here to discuss all that. What we want you to focus on are some amazing leopard print nail art designs that will leave you speechless. So, let's get down to business, and take a look at what we have in store for you.
Whether you want to create the design on your nails, or use the pre-designed acrylic ones, the result will always be fabulous. Go through the images below, and get those nails painted now.
Basically, you will require 3 different nail polish―a clear nail polish as your base and top coats, a bright color for dots, and a dark color for outlining the dots. You may choose any three colors. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that the colors for the leopard dots and the outlines need to complement one another.
1. Before you begin, remove the old paint off the nails (if there is any), cut your nails properly, and file them. Apply a fresh base coat on your nails and let it dry.
2. Once the base coat is completely dry, you need to properly apply the main nail polish. Choose from a range of colors―red, purple, green, yellow, pink, blue, etc.; plus, the hue can either be dark or light.
3. You will have to wait some time so that the polish dries properly. Now, you will need a toothpick to apply the dots. Dip the toothpick in your choice of polish, and apply random dots over all the nails.
4. We don't want to apply round dots; what we're looking for are heart- or oval-shaped dots.
5. Again, let the dots dry properly, else your design will get smudged. After the dots have dried, take a different color nail polish and dip a clean toothpick in it, and draw lines near the outer corner of the dots. Make sure that these lines do not connect with one another.
6. And that's it; the design is complete. Let everything dry completely before you apply a top coat so that it won't chip.
Remember, nail polish takes a lot of time to dry properly. So, make sure you have enough time on your hands before you start. You can choose to apply the base coat, nail polish, spots, and outlines in the evening. Let everything dry properly, and the next day, apply the top coat to seal it all in.
In order to maintain their prettiness, your nails require a bit of care and attention. Follow these steps to keep the design intact for a longer time.
1. Wear gloves while doing the dishes, gardening, and other chores around the house.
2. Apply a top coat every day before going to bed.
3. Do not pick at the polish once applied.
4. When you are ready to remove the design, use a non-acetone nail varnish remover.
You can choose to create any of these leopard print nail designs at home, or ask the manicurist to replicate the design. Either way, in a short while, you'll have gorgeous-looking nails to flaunt. Make sure that once the design is applied and has dried completely, you apply a clear top coat afterwards. This way, your design will stay put for a long time.